#EucerinUS: Healthy Skin from A to Z
This month, Eucerin would like to help you put your Skin First every day with the ABCâs for your skin care routine. Itâs not just what you put on your skin but also what you put in your body that effects how your skin looks and feels. Besides cleansing and moisturizing, during the day and night, there are simple things you can do every day to keep your skin healthy.
Â· A is for Anti-oxidants â Foods rich in antioxidants help prevent and repair damage to your skin from the sun.
Â· B is for Vitamin B â Found in many grain and dairy products, Vitamin B helps maintain healthy skin.
Â· C is for Children â Did you know that one severe childhood sunburn doubles your chance of developing melanoma? Protect your children from sunburn now by teaching them to use an SPF lotion, like Eucerin Daily Protection Lotion, every day.
Â· D is for Dermatologist â You should see a board certified dermatologist at least once a year.
Â· E is for Everyday â While it may not flair up as severely in the summer months, dry skin requires year-long care. Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing CrÃ¨me with natural oatmeal will moisturize and soothe dry, itchy skin. Has Eucerin helped relieve your dry skin?
Â· F is for Feet â You spend most of the day on your feet, so why not care for them just as much as you do other parts of your body. If you suffer from chapped or crack skin on your feet, try Aquaphor Healing Ointment or Eucerin Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Foot CrÃ¨me.
Â· G is for Gluco-Glycerol â Eucerin Professional Repair with Gluco-Glycerol improves the moisture supply to the skin. Professional Repairâs unique formula is ideal for extremely dry skin.
Â· H is for Healing â Nothing beats the original! If you have cracks or persistently dry skin, you may need more than a daily moisturizer. Eucerin Original Healing Soothing Repair Creme is fragrance free and dermatologist recommended to seal in the moisture your skin will need to help in the healing process.
Â· I is for Incidental Sun Exposure â Skin is exposed to the sunâs UVA/UVB rays during everyday activities like driving in a car or sitting by a window at work. Use Eucerin Daily Protection Lotion to help protect your skin everyday!
Â· J is for Joyous â We were joyous when the Eucerin US Facebook page hit 500,000 fans earlier this year. And it continues to grow! 7xx,xxx [Switch out the number of fans for that dayâs post] and counting. Thanks for being such dedicated fans throughout the years! [Include link to Thank You video]
Â· K is for Kale â Kaleâs antioxidant properties can help your skin look healthier.
Â· L is for Lotion â Lotions have a lighter texture than creams and can work best for daily skin hydration. Look at our texture scale on every bottle of Eucerin and choose lightweight ones, like Daily Protection or Daily Replenishing Lotion, for use on warm summer days. (Include image of texture scale)
Â· M is for Moisturizer â We recommend moisturizing twice a day â morning and night â to keep your skin looking healthy all day long.
Â· N is for Nourish â What are your tips for nourishing your skin on a daily basis? Share yours and we could feature it in a Eucerin Facebook photo or update!
Â· O is for Organ â Your skin is your bodyâs largest organ, which is why we put skin care at the top of our to-do list.
Â· P is for pH Balance â The skinâs natural pH ranges from 4.5 to 5.5, but UV light, temperature changes, and sweating can all affect the skinâs pH levels, causing your skin to dry out. To help keep this dryness at bay, apply a Eucerin body lotion daily after your shower or bath.
Â· Q is for Quiz â Which Eucerin product contains Gluco-Glycerol? A. Intensive Repair B. Professional Repair C. Original D. Daily Protection
Â· R is for Replenishing â Donât just moisturize your skin; make sure youâre using a product that will help heal it too! Eucerin Daily Replenishing Moisturizing Lotion is specially formulated to replenish the skinâs natural moisture barrier for healthier looking skin.
Â· S is for Sunscreen â Dermatologists recommend applying at least 1 ounce (about a golf ball sized amount) of sunscreen to your entire body at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.
Â· T is for Texture â Every bottle of Eucerin comes with a texture scale right on the label to help you decide which product you should use on your skin. [Include image of texture scale]
Â· U is for Urea â For conditions like Keratosis Pilaris, dermatologists recommend using a moisturizer that contains urea and buffered alpha hydroxy acids â like Eucerinâs Professional Repair. Urea provides intense moisture, while the alpha hydroxy acids exfoliate the skin for a smoother look and feel.
Â· V is for Vigilant - Regular full-body exams ensure that youâre catching suspicious spots and preventing skin cancer. Be vigilant and if you notice an unusually dark or abnormally shaped spot on your skin, bring it to the attention of your doctor or dermatologist.
Â· W is for Warm â Warm, not hot showers and baths are best to prevent the stripping of natural oils and nutrients from your skin.
Â· X is for X-Ray â Similar to x-rays, UVA rays can penetrate everything from clouds, clothing, and car windows. Help protect your skin from the sun with Eucerin Daily Protection Lotions this summer.
Â· Y is for You! â You can help protect your skin and keep it looking healthy â with FREE samples of Eucerinâs Daily Replenishing Lotion on our Facebook page. All you have to do is Like the Facebook Page and click on the app that says âUnlock Free Samples.
Â· Z is for Zinc â Zinc oxide is a mineral that provides UVA/UVB protection. Look for this ingredient in your sunscreens and in Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 30 and make sure youâre getting broad spectrum protection to help prevent sun damage.
You ready to WIN something AMAZING?! I hope so! Enter below and comment! What are your “ABC’s” when getting ready for school?Â
#Giveaway: GO For Skin Health Gold
When it comes to shopping for food, most of us have a good idea of what we like to eat. But finding the right skin care regimen isn’t that easy. A good skin care routine is vital to helping hydrate your skin and maintain soft skin. So if your skin regimen is in need of a boost, Eucerin’s Skin First Dermatologists Members Dr. Ingleton and Dr. Sarnoff have shared their best skin secrets to help guide you on your summer mission to healthy looking, fresh, and radiant skin.
Dr. Ingleton’s daily skin care regimen consists of:
1. Cleanse with soap-free cleanser
2. Apply a cream to protect your skin from environmental damage
3. Apply an eye cream that hydrates and fades darkness
4. Finish with an oil-free SPF moisturizer
1. Cleanse with soap-free cleanser to remove make-up and dirt
2. Apply an eye cream
3. Finish with a serum that hydrates
Dr. Sarnoff’s secrets to healthy skin:
· Every morning and evening wash your face with a mild cleanser and avoid bar soap
· Use eye makeup that is washable
· The best time to apply moisturizer is to put on immediately after you shower when the skin is damp.
You ready to win some fun stuff?! ENTER NOW!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
For more awesome skincare tips from Eucerin and Dr. Sarnoff, make sure to follow @EucerinUS for the tweet chats and awesome giveaways!
Splash Into A Skin Safe Summer
Nothing says summer more than beach and fun in the sun, but while we’re enjoying the warmer months, we need to stay on top of protecting our skin. Sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and in some cases, even lead to skin cancer so it’s important to sensibly manage your sun exposure on a daily basis. Keep your skin protected to limit sun damage from UVA and UVB rays.
· Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you head outside. Don’t forget places like the tops of your ears, nose, eyelids, lips, back, hands, feet, shoulders and backs of thighs. Be sure to reapply your sunscreen or a lotion with SPF every 2 hour or more frequently, and if you’re swimming at the pool or beach make sure to use a water resistant, broad spectrum sunscreen.
· Wear sun protective clothing – Did you know fabrics have an ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) rating that measures their level of UV protection? These fabrics provide more protection than other clothing due to the tighter woven fabric. Look for clothing with a UPF rating of 30 or higher.
· Wear sunglasses to help protect eyes and sensitive skin around them from ultraviolet light
· Wear a hat – A wide-brimmed hat can shield your skin from the sun’s harsh rays.
· Use Daily lightweight moisturizers that have SPF to protect skin even on cloudy days - Eucerin Daily Protection Lotions are lightweight SPF moisturizers that provide head-to-toe sun protection. SPF 15 Body Lotion helps protect against daily UV exposure while SPF 30 Face Lotion moisturizes and protects with UVA/UVB sunscreens.
· Stay inside or seek shade when the sun’s rays are the strongest – between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. A beach umbrella or portable shelter can help protect your skin from the heat and sun’s rays.
So are you ready to enter and win an awesome prize pack? Not only will you be winning the Daily Protection Moisturizer for the face and body, but a floppy hat to protect against those rays (and to compliment your summer dresses and beach wear) and a little money as well! Enter NOW!
Show Love for Your Skin…
With more two million people diagnosed annually, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. Fortunately, skin cancer is also one of the most preventable forms of cancer. May is National Skin Cancer Awareness Month and Eucerin wants to make sure everyone is doing what they can to protect their gorgeous skin and putting the health of their skin FIRST! Do you know that skin is the body’s largest organ? It’s vital we keep it healthy, so for Skin Cancer Awareness month Eucerin would like to share some tips to help protect your skin from potential sun damage this month.
· Skin Cancer doesn’t discriminate, it can affect anyone. Head to toe annual skin checks can help catch melanoma early – when it’s most curable.
· Always remember to apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before going outside and make sure to reapply it every two hours.
· You can decrease your UV exposure by wearing protective clothing, sunglasses and avoiding the sun between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
· Making sure your skin’s protective barrier is strong is also another great way to keep your skin healthy and safe.
· Don’t forget to use SPF on days when it’s cloudy because the sun’s harmful UV rays can still cause damage and increase your risk of developing melanoma
Ok, so let’s get down to the products that will help protect our skin and keep us looking radiant during this time!
· Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Body Lotion Sunscreen SPF 15 (13.5 oz.) – Helps protect skin from daily sun exposure with a lotion specifically formulated to moisturize and protect. This light, fast-absorbing formula with SPF 15 sunscreen provides 24-hour moisture and helps defend against sunburn.
· Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 (4 oz.) – This lightweight, gentle broad spectrum SPF 30 formula with UVA/UVB sunscreens including zinc oxide and titanium dioxide helps defend against long-term sun damage and also provides effective moisturization.
· Eucerin Daily Replenishing Moisturizing Lotion (13.5 oz) – Keeps skin moisturized all day with a lotion specifically formulated to replenish the skin’s natural moisture barrier. This light, everyday formula with nourishing sunflower oil absorbs quickly and provides 24 hour moisturization for healthier-looking, softer skin.
Not sure about what products work well with your skin type? Try the Skindicator App through Eucerin!
Ok! So with all of that said you have to option to win these products along with a few other goodies below! Don’t forget to check out the Eucerin FB page for the chance to get your hands on samples of these amazing products as well! Good Luck!
Beauty Basics: “Love Your Skin”
Each of the products, the Calming Body Wash, Itch-Relief, and Creme all work fabulously solo, but even better when combined as a treatment.
The body wash contains omega oils that not only soothe the skin, but protect it!
The Calming Itch Relief is fast acting, containing menthol as well as oatmeal, giving a cooling then calming and nourishing effect.
Lastly, my favorite of the three, has a 24 hr moisture lock on your skin, its non greasy AND it soothes and protects the skin as well.
EXCITING THINGS I KNOW! So you ready to win a little money and some even better SKIN? ENTER NOW!